Graphic Design Major
Fontbonne’s graphic design major is primarily focused on electronic and digital media. Ideal for students interested in applied, new media and web design, the program gives students a foundation in design elements and principals, focusing on composition, typography, color and imaging. As students progress, they gain the design and programming skills needed to create the applications, responsive sites and web pages used in today’s high-tech world.
Graphic Design Program Highlights
- Develop a design skill set that encompasses web design, print design more
- Engage in adaptive design — deliver content in multiple ways on multiple platforms
- Interdisciplinary approach
- Hands-on, interactive and engaging
- Mac lab equipped with the latest design software and programs
- Upper level courses explore scripting and coding
- Career opportunities include art director, graphic designer, web designer and app developer
- Develop solid foundation for continued learning
Graphic Design Course Samples
- ART 100
Beginning Drawing3 credits
Basic skills in life drawing will be covered. The use of line, shape, value, and composition will be explored as tools in visual communication.
- ART 115
Graphic Design I3 credits
This course introduces design elements and principles. Focus will be on composition, typography, color, and imaging, for a variety of media including print and electronic media. Students will explore communicating information through a variety of media
- ART 218
Vector and Bitmap Imaging3 credits
Introduction to digital means of artistic production. Topics include scanning, image correction, and digital manipulation of images, both bitmap and vector.
Graphic Design Career Opportunities
Questions? Contact our Office of Admission: 314-889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | firstname.lastname@example.org